nav left side
nav right side
page left

Frequently Asked Questions


Why do I have to take the placement exam?
The placement  tests are designed to determine the student’s level of ability. The College’s aim is to place the student in the course best suited to meet his/her particular skills. COMPASS can help in determining your strengths and challenges in the areas of writing, reading and math.  Therefore promoting student success.

How do I find the addresses of my high school or other colleges that I have attended?  
Many high schools and colleges have websites that have an address or telephone number..  Contact information or if not successful the Registration & Records Office may be able to assist.

What will happen to my financial aid if I drop a class?
It depends on the number of credit hours the student is taking and when the class is dropped. If the class is dropped before Financial Aid is disbursed, an adjustment may be made to the amount of aid. If dropping the class results in a change of enrollment status (i.e. full-time, half-time, etc) the student may be placed on financial aid probation or suspension. If the dropped class does not result in a change in enrollment status, there will be no change to the financial aid. A chart of these guidelines can be found on the financial aid web page under "I have financial aid, now how can I keep it?"

How do I know what class to sign up for?
It is important to find out who your academic advisor is and set-up an appointment to meet so that your advisor can direct you to the appropriate classes to assist you in your educational goals.

Can I change advisors?
Yes.  Students can complete a "Change of Advisor/Major" form.  These forms are obtained in the Registration and Records Office.

Can I take a class twice, will it count?
Yes. and No.  Some classes you can take twice and it will count and some you cannot.  It is best to contact your advisor.

Do I have to get an associates degree before I go on to a university?
No.  Students can transfer to universities without having an associates degree. 


If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at:

page right
View Text Only Version View Text Only Version