nav left side
nav right side
page left

Registration & Records


Residency Classification

The following residency policy was developed under the auspices of the Wyoming Community College Commission and applies to all community colleges in Wyoming:

A student previously classified as a nonresident may be reclassified any time prior to the end of the published refund period of any term in which he/she qualifies.

A student who is classified as a resident by one community college will be considered a resident at all colleges.

Classification Procedures:

1. Residence classification shall be initiated for each new student at the time the application for admission is accepted and for previous students when they reapply after having been away for more than one semester. All students must respond to the residency question on the application for admission. Students wishing to request a review of the residency decision must submit documentation along with the “Initial Residency” decision or the “Change of Residency” form to the Registrar in Registration and Records.

2. Only individual or their legal dependents who are U.S. citizens or are in an immigrant status may qualify for residency.

3. Students will be required to submit appropriate documentation to support the residency claim.

The following persons shall be classified as Wyoming residents for tuition purposes:

1. A graduate of a Wyoming high school or recipient of a GED in Wyoming who enrolls in a community college within twelve months of either high school graduation or GED completion;

2. An individual who can provide written verification that he/she has lived in Wyoming continuously for one year prior to enrolling;

3. A legal dependent under the age of 24, or a spouse of a resident of the State of Wyoming who qualified as a resident based upon this policy;

4. A legal dependent under the age of 24 of a Wyoming community college graduate;

5. A student who marries a Wyoming resident shall be granted resident classification at the beginning of the next term following the marriage;

6. An individual on active duty in Wyoming with the United States Armed Forces, Wyoming National Guard or Reserves, and his/her legal dependents;

7. An individual who can provide written verification from an employer that he/she will be employed in Wyoming for an anticipated period of not less than seven months, and such employment is the principal means of support. This letter must be on company stationery, signed by the owner, manager or personnel department and must indicate the date the employee started, his/her status (full or part-time) and the expectation that the person will be employed at least seven months.

8. Persons temporarily absent from the state due to military services, attendance at educational institutions, or other types of documented temporary absences will not have their resident status void by such absence;

9. People who do not reside in Wyoming but who meet the following criteria will be considered resident students:

a. Has been employed in Wyoming for at least seven months, and such employment is the applicant’s principal means of support;
b. Pays Wyoming taxes as required by law;
c. Resides in a state with a similar law; and
d. Is willing to submit an affidavit to the above.

Any questions or concerns about the residency policy should be addressed to the Registrar in Registration and Records.

Appeals and exceptions to the above policy should be addressed to the Vice President for Student Success Services. Students wishing to appeal that office’s decision, may go through the Student Affairs Appeal process.

Western Undergraduate
Exchange Program

WWCC participates in the WUE program along with 15 other Western states (Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Nebraska). On a space-available basis, students from these states may enroll at WWCC in any program for 1-1/2 times the in-state tuition rate. Eligible students should address questions to Registration and Records.


If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at:

page right
View Text Only Version View Text Only Version