Come see us!
A non-traditional student is anyone who decides to return to college and/or who has characteristics that set them apart from the student who enters directly from high school. WWCC's student body has a large percentage of non-traditional students, in fact, the average age of all WWCC students is 27.
You could be...
We offer a variety of courses tailored to working adults including Internet courses that you can do at home, night courses and courses structured for shift workers.
There are a variety of services available to non-traditional students including:
Children's Center for children ages 2-5
Career counseling to decide on the right career
Peer Tutor Center for free tutoring on many subjects
Student success course geared to help refresh study skills and teach useful college survival techniques
Student Development Center that provides personal counseling and workshops specifically for non-traditional students
Specific Financial Aid programs geared toward non-traditional students, veterans, and senior citizens.
Ready to start? Here's what you need to do:
1. Complete our online application
2. Request high school or GED transcripts be sent to WWCC Admissions
3. Submit official transcripts from all previously attended colleges.
4. Make an appointment to meet with an admissions counselor
5. Take the COMPASS Placement test. This helps us determine exactly which classes you need first.
6. Attend a Registration Program, meet with your advisor, and register.
7. Start classes and discover a whole new world!
If you have questions, call (307) 382-1648, (800) 226-1181 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to Admissions
Western Wyoming Community College
2500 College Drive
Rock Springs, WY 82901